Participating in the Susan G. Komen Southwest Florida Affiliate Race for the Cure® with a team increases the fun, the laughter and maybe even the tears you share on Race day.
Did you know that every two minutes a new case of breast cancer is diagnosed in the US? Help us fight back by forming a team in honor or in memory of someone you know impacted or touched by breast cancer. Together you make an even greater impact than you could alone.
Now is the time to recruit your team for the 2016 Southwest Florida Race for the Cure™. Team Captains need to register first to get the team going; each team member can than register by clicking "Join a Team" and searching for their team name.
Your team registration gets you to the start line but it's your Team Fundraising that will help us to screen, treat and educate local women here in Southwest Florida.
WHY JOIN A KOMEN TEAM?
75% of the money you raise will stay right here in our area to help women locally with education, treatment and screening. The other 25% will go to research in finding a cure. By having a team that is fundraising, you and your team members can actually change lives.
IT STARTS WITH A TEAM CAPTAIN
Team captains register the team, invite people to join and help keep members inspired and informed of the teams fundraising progress. It’s easy and rewarding to get people involved. The Team Captain is responsible for all team communication and organization — handling everything from encouraging members to register to where the team will meet on Race Day.
WHAT IS A TEAM?
A team is a group of at least 10 or more people that have registered as teammates for the Race under ONE team name.
HOW DO I ORGANIZE A TEAM?
We will give you all the tools you need to have a successful and fun fundraising experience. When you register your team for the Race you automatically receive your own fundraising website. You will have a “Team” page and you will have your own individual page to raise your own personal funds as Captain. Register Now!
HOW DO I START FUNDRAISING?
Go to the link for Fundraising there are several tools to guide and help you.
Get Recognized by Komen Southwest Florida on Team Tuesdays, a weekly spotlight on a different team each week. Want to see your team highlighted? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with why your team is special!
Komen will recognize teams throughout the Race season who accomplish certain fundraising goals in a specific timeline. To be eligible for team prizes and contest you MUST have at least 10 participants on your team!
The Top 5 Teams who raise the most funds by February 19th at midnight will receive complimentary tickets to our 2nd Annual Flip Flop Ball. To be eligible for a complimentary ticket you must be a member of one of the Top 5 Teams and must raise $200 or more individually. These tickets are non-transferable.
This "toes in your sand" party will take place the evening after the Race for the Cure, on March 5th at the Ritz Carlton Beach Resort in Naples.